Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Oh my Squidoo!!

Wow. They messed with the Squidoo template. Again. Now, no one wants to listen to me whine about something as unrelated to their life as the Squidoo template. But, dang it!! This is my blog and my life. (See the title?) So we're going to talk about it! :-)

They got rid of the horrid box at the top that was making a mess of the text and put in an orange band full of links across the top right below the introduction section. Which has the nasty effect of cutting the intro off from the rest of the content. And they've made the bio front and center by sticking it across the top of the content. Just not entirely sure why I'm suddenly so important to the page!

The point of the orange band stuff is to create more links on the page that people will be likely to click. More clicks = more revenue. But when half of those links are to things other than my pages, it's kind of hard to get excited about the linkage.

Hmmm. Some of my problem is the looks and I admit I don't know enough about how SEO, etc. works to truly have a solid and useful opinion here beyond gut reaction. Got over it last time and I guess I'll learn to deal again. But sigh.

No comments: