Thursday, May 29, 2008

How old do you like your books?

So I have a lot of interests when it comes to reading. Throughout much of my childhood, I focused on Nancy Drew, Trixie Belden, Cherry Ames, Bobbsey Twins - see a pattern here? Also anything with horses, like Misty. My love for mysteries continues, but I've found a few other genres that fascinate me.

Among these is historical fiction. I think if I had to do it again now, I'd major in history. And one of my favorite time periods is ancient Rome. OK, that isn't really a time period. But the real-life drama of the rise and fall of the Roman republic and then the Roman empire makes for some great fictional reading. So I've started a new lens with the books featuring Rome that I've read. (Which gives me a good excuse to get back into that era!) Turned out I was light on non-Caesar books and heavy on the mysteries. Go figure!

No comments: