Thursday, June 5, 2008

How many kinds of bear can you name?

sob-badge.gifSo, did you realize there were eight kinds of bears? I'm not sure I ever knew the actual number, but apparently that's all the kinds there are. Kind of makes you wonder what God was thinking, huh? "I think 2 billion kinds of bugs is a good number, but bears. Ehh, eight is enough." Anyway, I tried naming them all off the top of my head and failed miserably, mostly because I kept naming all the different kinds of brown bears rather than kinds of bears in general. Of course, I could name the panda, and that's where I'm going with this. Kung Fu Panda is now part of the Save our Bears group over on Squidoo. Lensmaster Frankster (who has the world's best page on polar bears ever) started the group as a way to raise awareness about the plight of our bears. Now, I thought that KFP was a little flighty for inclusion, but she disagreed. So Po is in with the rest of his real kin. Head on over and check out the rest of the bears!!

1 comment:

daoine said...

I have to agree with Frankster. I think Kung Fu Panda could help to promote awareness of pandas among children - and any awareness is a good thing. Maybe parents and teachers can help by talking about where pandas come from and how their habitat might be threatened.