Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Getting giddy about ... mascara?

iconI remember as a young girl desperately wanting to wear make-up. I read the magazine articles about how to apply eyeshadow to make your eyes look more open or the proper location for your blush. (Irony was that I really a pretty tomboyish girl.) But I really wanted to be old enough to wear the stuff. Now, I'm not that in to it really. In fact, I quit wearing it for several years.

But age is cruel and then there's that whole professional-looking thing. So I've gone back to wearing make-up, at least during the week at work or whenever I get dressed up to go out fancy. And I was still pretty much sticking with some of the classics, including my old favorite, Great Lash mascara from Maybelline. When I started wearing make-up again, it just never occurred to me to even try anything else. It still gets rave reviews; why change?

I had read about Exact Lash from Cover Girl ... well, somewhere. I don't remember. But they had lovely things to say about it, I had a coupon for Cover Girl, I thought maybe I should consider it. So I bought some. And forgot about it. Never even opened up the package. Until recently. It was time to replace my Great Lash (you do toss mascara after three months, right?) and the new tube just would not open. Would not. I staved off panic when I remembered that I had the Exact Lash and that I might as well try it out.

Wow. I can't even begin to say enough good things about this stuff. The brush has lots of really fine bristles that keep your lashes separated even when you put on several coats. I have yet to get out the eyelash comb yet when using this stuff. My lashes actually look long, curled and perfect without a lot of fuss. You just have to try it. It's amazing.


Bookmark and Shareicon