I've been following news and info about the film for months now. Months. Come on! It's Pixar - one of the best story-telling movie studios out there. Add to that the fact that it's a female lead (their first!) and a princess with no prince in sight and this is going to be one to break the molds.
As I read around the web, though, I find it interesting how mixed reactions are. Some people are just dismissing it as another Disney girl picture (my nephew and hubby among them, it seems) without giving it the benefit of any doubt. (Not sure why they would be doubting. It's not like they didn't like every other movie Pixar has put out. Come on!)
Anyway, I've pulled together all kinds of information and shopping guides related to the movie and the characters. Merida is going to be a hoot! See you at the pictures.
- All About Brave - Movie trailers, reviews, character descriptions and more.
- Meet Merida - Complete character page, including merchandise featuring Merida.
- Meet Queen Elinor - Learn more about Merida's mom
- Brave Costumes and Ideas for Adults - Ideas for adults to dress up like the characters
- Merida Costumes to Make or Buy - Make or buy a costume for Merida. More focused on adult costumes and the detail needed for cosplay.
- Queen Elinor Costume - Make or buy a costume for Queen Elinor
- Brave Books - Picture books, chapter books and coloring books with the Brave characters.
- Brave Birthday Party Supplies and Ideas - Ideas for a medieval party in keeping with Brave as well as official Brave birthday party supplies.
- Brave Soundtrack - All about the composer and the songs you hear in the movie
- Merida Costumes for Girls - Official Disney costumes and others to dress up as Merida
- Brave Toys - Dolls, plush and other toys based on the movie Brave
- Brave Clothing with Merida - Shirts, pajamas and accessories featuring Merida
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, probably enough to get a stick of gum. I generally only recommend products or services on this blog that I would use personally and believe you will find cool as well. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”